Lovelace Medical Group
The health and safety of our patients and visitors is a top priority at Lovelace Medical Group. We understand how important the support of loved ones and friends is to patients. At the same time, the novel coronavirus requires us to temporarily adjust our visiting policy in order to keep our patients and visitors as safe as possible.
We continue to implement vigorous policies and procedures to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and are following all governmental recommendations. If you have any questions about the updated visiting policy, please ask a member of the patient’s healthcare team. Thank you for your understanding and for adhering to these policies to help us keep our patients, families, and visitors protected and healthy during this time.
Guidelines for Visitors and Caregivers in Outpatient Locations
- It is strongly recommended that only 1-2 visitors are allowed per patient and only if adequate space allows for social distancing. Any exception must be approved by clinic and/or medical leadership.
- It is strongly recommended that any visitor is 18+ years of age. If a visitor under the age of 18 years must accompany the patient, the visitor will be subject to the same screening and guidelines.
- All visitors will be screened prior to entering patient care areas. Any visitor who shows signs of illness, particularly fever, coughing, or shortness of breath may be asked to leave. All visitors will be required to wear a mask. Visitors may wear their own mask, if appropriate. If they do not have a mask, then a mask will be provided.
- Visitors are further required to adhere to the six-foot distancing rule except to the patient they are accompanying when they are assisting that patient.
- Additional restrictions may be added to these guidelines based on the patient or visitor’s clinical status.
- A patient or visitor who refuses to follow guidance, including wearing a mask or socially distancing, will be asked to leave.