Breast health services
Welcome to the leading breast care center in New Mexico! Lovelace Women's Hospital proudly houses New Mexico’s premiere breast care center accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Our dedicated breast health caregivers specialize in providing comprehensive breast care services, covering everything from preventive education to screening, diagnostics, and advanced treatments for breast cancer. Your optimal breast health is our priority, and we're here to guide you every step of the way.
What to expect at our breast health center
When you visit Lovelace for breast care, you can expect:
- A collaborative approach to care: Our esteemed team of physicians and experts convenes weekly to discuss each patient with a suspected or confirmed breast cancer diagnosis. This collaborative approach guarantees that you receive personalized and effective treatment options.
- Diverse expertise: Our multidisciplinary team comprises professionals such as radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, lymphologists, surgeons, plastic surgeons, medical assistants, and a dedicated Breast Care Navigator.
- Nationally accredited expertise: As the sole NAPBC-accredited breast care center in New Mexico, we ensure the highest standards of care for our patients.
- The highest standard of breast care: From mammograms and clinical exams to treatments and aftercare, we offer a holistic approach to maintaining your breast health. Learn the proper techniques for breast self-exams, empowering you to actively monitor your ongoing health.
Comprehensive breast care services
Our breast care specialists provide a wide range of treatments and services, including:
- Digital mammography: We provide state-of-the-art digital mammography for accurate and detailed breast imaging.
- Diagnostic testing: Our fellowship-trained radiologists offer advanced diagnostic procedures to ensure precise and timely assessments, including breast cancer screenings, breast ultrasounds, and biopsies.
- Genetic risk assessment: Patients with a personal or family history of breast, ovarian, tubal or peritoneal cancer or who have an ancestry associated with BRCA1/2 gene mutations are at higher risk of breast cancer. We offer genetic risk assessment to be able to determine your overall risk of developing breast cancer and can provide education and recommend strategies to help mitigate that risk.
- Patient navigation: Guiding you through every step, offering support, education, referrals, and assistance.
- Support programs: We offer access to a range of programs designed to meet your unique needs and help you feel supported.
Get in touch
To schedule an appointment or for more information about our breast health services, breast care specialists, and comprehensive breast care, call 505.727.6900. Visit us at Lovelace Women's Hospital, conveniently located at 4701 Montgomery Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109. Trust us to be with you, providing unparalleled care and support throughout your breast health journey.