About Patrick Gilligan, M.D.
Patrick Gilligan, M.D. is a Native New Mexican Orthopaedic surgeon, born and raised in Santa Fe. Dr. Gilligan completed his undergraduate studies with honors at Santa Clara University where he received his Bachelor of Science. He completed medical school at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine, where he received his Doctor of Medicine. He went on to complete his Orthopedic Surgery residency at UNM, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation as well. During his last year of residency, he was awarded Orthopedic Resident Instructor of the Year, 2019. He then finished his fellowship in Adult Reconstruction at West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics. Dr. Gilligan is skilled in performing muscle sparing direct anterior hip replacement for appropriate patients. He is also a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Gilligan specializes in:
- Primary Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Direct Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Evaluation and Treatment of Painful/Poorly Functioning Hip and Knee Replacements
- Management of Prosthetic Joint Infections
- Complex Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Surgery